TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Last Updated 12/5/15
1. When placing an order, please ensure that the goods are suitable for their intended use. We will advise you on which goods are suitable for your needs but can not be held responsible if information provided by the consumer is not accurate.
2. Fire surrounds made from solid wood, MDF, Natural Stone or Marble are subject to variations in graining and shading, this should not be thought of as a defect.
3. Heat outputs and running costs quoted by the manufacturer are approximate due to variation in site and flue conditions.
4. Marble and stone are natural products and are therefore subject to defects such as small air holes and markings. It is normal practice to fill / reinforce in one form or another and is in no way regarded as a defect. Ceramic tiles are prone to crazing on the surface once installed, this is quite normal. We will be unable to replace any products except where the item is signed as damaged on delivery, this includes where you are unhappy with any natural patterns / markings / air holes in the material.
5. All goods remain the property of FirplaceStoreOnline.com until paid in full. If a customer fails to pay for the goods after receiving reasonable notice. we shall take legal proceedings to recover the goods and or their value.
6. All delivery dates and fitting dates are based on information provided to us in good faith by the manufacturers. We will make every effort to deliver the product within a reasonable time from the date of order, however in the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond our control we will notify the customer and deliver as soon as reasonably possible. We accept no responsibility for any fitting or other charges incurred by the customer, resulting from a delay in receipt of goods.
7. In order to rely on the manufacturer's warranty / guarantee, customers must ensure that the appliance is installed by a Gas Safe / HETAS registered installer and is fitted as per the instructions / regulations. The customer must also ensure the fire / stove is serviced by a suitably qualified person at the service interval specified by the manufacturer.
8. We recommend all flues are swept prior to installation.
9. Please ensure that the correct flue terminal and ventilation that the fire requires are provided i.e. flue liner removed or air brick fitted .We will be happy to advise you of the requirements, however we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred.
10. Any products sold as “ex-display” are classed as seconds / B grade and will be identified and sold as such. These goods are sold at greatly reduced prices and may not necessarily be in perfect condition.
11. When a new gas fire has been fitted a spillage test will be carried out. If the fire fails some work may be needed to rectify the problem, we can not be held responsible for any costs incurred to rectify existing flue / chimney problems.
12. When installing power flue gas fires / electric fires & surrounds with lights, you must ensure there is the appropriate electrical connection nearby. We can not be held responsible for any costs incurred for installing a fuse spur / socket as this must be done by a qualified electrician. We will not accept returns for this reason.
13. For goods that are collected by the customer, we can not be held responsible for damage caused by incorrect handling or storage. Customer's are advised to examine the goods for any visible damage before they leave the premises.
14. After installation of a stone fireplace, dark patches may appear on the hearth and on the edges of the back panel this is quite normal and they will disappear after a couple of weeks.
15. Fanned Flue / Electric fires have fans on them which will make some noise whilst operating it is advised that if this will be unacceptable for you please choose another type of product. We will not accept returns.
16. Due to the casting method used to make all cast iron products e.g. cast inserts and frets, there may be some small markings in the cast, such as pitting, lines and small black areas. These are quite normal and should not be though of as a defect. Due to the nature of the casting methods used there may be slight differences in colour between trims and frets.
17. All images and sizes on our website are provided in good faith and show approximate sizes and measurements provided to us by the manufacturer. Whilst we endeavour to ensure there accuracy, it is advised that you consult the manufacturer to verify the size of the item before you purchase. As specifications can change, it is important that you check with the manufacturer if sizes are critical to your installation. Manufacturers reserve the right to change their product without notice at any time.
18. These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
19. We reserve the right to refuse the supply of goods ordered by you at our discretion without providing a reason and to deliver to any particular postcodes which would incur significant additional cost or risk.
20. On receipt of your order we may find the price quoted for the goods has changed. If this happens we will inform you of the new price and ask if you would still like to proceed with your order. If you are not prepared to accept any further charges then we will refund all monies paid by you and terminate the contract with no further liability to either party.
21. All our goods are delivered by a courier service, therefore we only offer kerb to kerb delivery, in some cases the driver may help you carry the product inside if you ask him but it is not part of his job. Please ensure you have someone there who can help you carry the items inside.
22. Batteries, battery packs, stove / fire glass, firebricks, coals / ceramics & cast backs are consumable products and as such do not have a guarantee / warranty regardless of age.
23. Stove & Fire glass fronts do require maintenance by the customer in line with the manufacturer's instructions. Some discolouration may occur after use which can be removed by the customer as per the manufacturers instructions.
24. Orders placed over the phone are also subject to these terms and conditions of sale. By placing an order with us over the phone, you automatically accept these terms & conditions.
25. Small marks or patches in marble that can only be seen in certain lights and at certain times are inevitable and are not a reason for exchange or replacement, as this is a feature of a natural product
26. A products found to be faulty after installation, will be repaired or replaced as agreed by the company. We will not be held responsible for any additional installation charges for removing / re-fitting these goods.
27. Occasionally due to circumstances beyond our control, there may be additional delivery charges not quoted at the time of order. Although these are very rare, these are the charges passed onto us by our courier and on these unusual occasions we will contact you to ask whether you would like to pay this charge or cancel your order. Generally, this will only effect Islands and Highlands of Scotland (not in all cases).
28. On receipt of your goods, we advise that you check the goods received to ensure that are exactly what you have ordered i.e. Finish, sizes and the general asthetics. As per our condition number 6 (above), please do not book any installation until you have checked that the item you have received is as ordered. We will always do our best to get any mistakes rectified as quickly as possible, however we will not be held responsible for any additional charges from installers etc as a result of the item not being checked on delivery. Please DO NOT install the goods before you are sure you are happy with them as refunds can not be given after installation for any reason as the goods will then be second hand.
In order to prevent unauthorised access to the data, which you have provided to us, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information. From time to time industry regulators and our auditors may require us to disclose some or all of the information for legal or regulatory purposes.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to see any data that we hold about you and to object at any time to the use of your data. We hold data to primarily validate delivery details and manufacturer warranties.
Shipping and Returns Information
Our main aim at Fires and Stoves, is to provide you with an excellent shopping experience at every stage of your purchase. Whether it is before purchase or after, we'll do our best to make you happy.
Placing your order
When placing an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of goods, your order will be accepted and the contract will be formed as soon as you receive our shipping notification e-mail.
In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive a shipping email from us and your order will not have been accepted, and there will be no contract between us.
At this stage, should we have any further questions about your order, we will make contact with you by email or phone. We advise that you check your email everyday during the order process to prevent any delay in receiving your goods.
Our aim is always to despatch your goods as quickly as possible. Some items, we are able to deliver in as little as 48 hours from ordering. The majority of stock items will be despatched within 7-10 days of receiving your order.
In some cases, for out of stock, back order or a minority of manufacturers, orders can take longer. We will of course keep you updated on the status of your order and any longer term delays will always be reported.
In all cases, items will be despatched to you as quickly as we possibly can, and you are welcome to email us at any stage for an update on your order.
We ask, that you do not to book the installation of your goods, prior to you receiving them. Due to circumstances beyond our control, occasionally, dates may change without notice.
We are pleased to deliver to all of mainland UK. Unfortunately, due to previous experience we are unable to deliver outside of the UK. This includes Ireland, The Channel Islands and other offshore destinations.
In some cases, due to additional charges levied by our couriers there may be a small delivery charge for your goods. This tends to be limited to Scotland, and you will be shown the additional charge when you checkout. We stress that this is only the case in an absolute minority of orders and we only pass this charge on if we are charged ourselves.
Some of the remote post code areas attracting this charge are ZE, BT, IM, AB, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, IV, KW, PA, PO30-PO31 and PH, these areas will incur an additional charge which will be shown to you at the checkout.
We only use the best national courier services to deliver your parcel. Your delivery will arrive courtesy of APC, UPN or occasionally Palletways or Parcelforce.
If you are not there to receive the delivery, the courier will leave a card so that you can re-arrange delivery at a suitable time for you. If you re-arrange the delivery and are not there at the arranged time, then a missed delivery charge of £15.00 may be added to your card to cover our costs (this does not happen in the majority of re-delivery cases).
Deliveries are door to door, or in the case of items on a pallet, kerb to kerb. It is very important you have enough people available on the day to handle the goods once they are at the door / kerbside.
Delivery is free on most items, however some items will carry a delivery charge to mainland UK destinations, and this will be quoted to you at the checkout.
Due to constant change in the wholesale prices of goods, we reserve the right to amend our prices without prior notification. Should this affect any order you have placed, we will of course contact you to discuss your order.
Once your item is ready to be despatched, we will send you an email to confirm the delivery arrangements and normally your item will be with you the following day.
Receiving your Parcel
Our courier will deliver the goods direct to your door, and will require a signature from the person accepting the delivery. We can not claim for any damage to the goods caused by the courier if you sign for them as "received in good condition", which is standard on most courier's delivery notes. If you notice any sign of damage at all (even to the box), have concerns, or the courier refuses to let you check the goods, please mark the delivery note as "box damaged" at the time of signing.
Signing as Unexamined or Unchecked will not cover you for insurance purposes so please either check carefully before signing or if the driver can't / will not wait, sign for the parcel as damaged.
Any damage subsequently found by you, should be reported to us within 7 days of receipt. Not doing this will nullify any claim you may have, and we will refuse any liability for damage. Items reported within this time frame, will of course be repaired / replaced free of charge as soon as possible.
All our goods are delivered by a courier service, therefore we only offer kerb to kerb delivery, in some cases the driver may help you carry the product inside if you ask them but it is not part of our contract with them. Please ensure you have someone there who can help you carry the items inside.
Should you choose to return the goods instead, we will of course offer a full refund providing this is done within 14 days of receipt. Return of the goods will be at your cost and must be fully insured for the return. We will make a deduction from the refund for any diminution in value of the returned goods due to handling.
As soon as the goods have been despatched, the responsibility for the delivery cost will be yours, should you decide to return any items.
If you have any questions, about delivery, please do not hesitate to contact us. Due to the nature of the courier service we use, we are unable to confirm a delivery time for your order it is normally between 8am and 6pm.
We really hope you are happy with your purchase. However, if not, we will do our best to resolve it for you in the quickest time possible. In law you have a 14 day cooling off period, within which you should notify us in a resonable way that you wish to cancel the contract and subsequently return the goods to us using an insured courier as soon as possible. Any goods returned for a refund / exchange should be in undamaged, unused and unopened condition please do not cut the straps on the box, slide them off so if the fire needs to be returned it will need all original packing in tact and must not have been installed.
We may make a deduction from the amount refunded for any diminution in value of the goods returned due to handling.
Please check the goods carefully upon delivery as once the goods are installed we cannot be held responsible for replacement or any costs incurred that arise from this.
Please ensure you use an insured delivery service to return items to us, as we will not be liable for goods that are lost / damaged in transit. You will need to arrange the delivery through your own courier.
Please email us before returning goods and ask for a returns authorisation number (RAN). This number must be clearly marked on the outside of the returned items packaging. Items not bearing this information will be refused on delivery.
We do not accept returns outside of the first 14 days. Should we make an exception to this, the goods will be subject to a restocking charge and the cost of the original delivery fee.
Unfortunately, sometimes products develop faults. If you think your product is faulty, and it is within 12 months of purchase, we would suggest you to consult the manufacturer's instructions as there are often small issues that can be resolved by steps shown in your instruction manual. The instructions should help you identify the fault, as most companies provide common fault and resolution information.
If the problem still occurs, the manufacturer will attend the premises and resolve the problem for you, under their guarantee. The most common place to find their contact details would be in the instruction book, however, if this is not possible, then please email us for more information.
Please do not hesitate to email us at anytime should you have any questions about your purchase. We are always happy to help and great customer service is our main aim.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health. Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill. Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites. Fireplacestoreonline.com are hereby obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy from us a new Electrical or Electronic product. However it is the consumer that is responsible for organising the return of such goods, to us and the costs involved.
For example, if a customer bought a new EEE item from us we would accept their old WEEE item and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item at their own expense.